Sunday 27 March 2011

Boarder's concert



ue to my last failed attempt to blog in Chinese... Now I appreciate the ease of typing in English


23 March 2011


That was a big day for my boarding, St Mary's .


It was our Boarder Concert


This year is our last year and also our last chance to shine contribute to the concert. I had hard time figuring what to do.


Singing?

Dancing?


In the end I decided to play the violin... not that I am a very talented violinst or anything.. just it's the 101 thing that I know and able to use on stage. Ever heard of relative and absolute advantage? I didnt do it because I am so good.. but because that my only choice… that’s how people choose a course and job…!! (in economic term that is…. Since not everyone can be the best in what they do) Okay… I just drifted away.. back to the concert…

So I played canon in D with two other violinists and a pianist... ( I was so busy rehearsing that I didnt have time to blog at all.. cough cough)

Huiyi/ Emily on the other hand sang in a group... I didnt get to watch though as it was right after my performance...

picture speak a thousand word~~ here's some photos:

Spotted someone? Lol....


The group singing that Hui Yi is in.. . this is the other half of the group... cant get hold of her photos unfortunately.....
The final group singing.. st mary's tradition... we sang "heal the world" by Michael Jackson..



The highlight of the whole event:

My friends wearing japanese cosplay costume singing japanese duet..

This young lady here stunned us all with her outstanding singing.... future Already a big star... :D

The whole amount of money that we earned from the concert will be donated to Japan through British RedCross.....

All in all.. it was great fun and memories that we can bring to universities....although there was quite a few hurdle before the whole performance.. our head boarder especially suffered quite a bit. but it was all worth it. Great job everyone.. :) if any of you read this post....

On the other hand, as I mentioned Japan...

thats another great topic to talk about...... for another time......

Snow



No comments:

Post a Comment